Note that the Schedule files listed below are in .pdf format which will open in Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you don’t have this programme installed on your device you can download a free copy of this software here.
Schedule of Classes for EYDA Annual Show 2021 – See 4 files plus the entry form below
You can view and print the Entry Form – See file below
A summary of the 2021 Show classes is shown below
1. East Yorkshire Onion Championship for Three Dressed Onions, each onion to exceed 1kg.
2. East Yorkshire DA Top Tray for Collection of Five Kinds of Vegetables, one of each kind, to be laid flat on the table.
3. Collection of Three Kinds of Vegetables, two of each kind, to be laid flat on the table.
4. Potatoes, two dishes of four, one white variety, one non-white variety.
5. Potatoes, white variety, one dish of five.
6. Potatoes, other than white variety, one dish of five.
7. Onions, each onion not to exceed 250g, one dish of five.
8. Onions, each onion to exceed 250g but not 1kg, one dish of three.
9. Parsnips, tops trimmed to 75mm approximately, one dish of two.
10. Carrots, long pointed variety, tops trimmed to 75mm approximately, one dish of three.
11. Carrots, stump rooted variety, tops trimmed to 75mm approximately, one dish of three.
12. Globe beetroot, tops trimmed to 75mm approximately, one dish of three.
13. Tap Root Collection, one of each kind from three of the following : Parsnip, Carrot (long pointed), Carrot (stump rooted), Beetroot.
14. Tomatoes, medium/exhibition variety, one dish of five.
15. Tomatoes, small-fruited/cherry type, one dish of seven. NVS PLAQUE class open to paid-up members of NVS only
16. Runner Beans, one dish of six.
17. Cauliflower, root trimmed to 50mm approximately, one dish of one.
18. Marrows, one dish of two.
19. Shallots, each shallot to pass through NVS 30mm ring, one dish of nine.
20. Shallots, large exhibition, one dish of six.
21. Blanch Leeks, one dish of two.
22. Any Other Vegetable not specified in the Schedule, one dish of one.
23. One Vegetable and one Bloom.
24. An arrangement of one Vase of Flowers and three Vegetable exhibits. Must be chosen from the following list and in the numbers indicated ; Gladioli 2, Dahlias 3, Chrysanthemums 3, Annuals 9, Carnations 5, Roses 3, Cauliflower 1 (50mm root), Onions 3 (dressed), Potatoes 5 (one variety), Tomatoes 5, Stump rooted carrots 3, Beetroot 3, Shallots 6.
25. Rose, one vase of one.
26. Gladiolus, one vase of one
27. A Vase of Mixed Cut Flowers.
Classes 28 to 36 are open to exhibitors who have not won more than 5 first prizes at an EYDA Show, at any time.
28. Cabbage, one dish of one.
29. Potatoes, one dish of four.
30. Carrots, one dish of three.
31. Tomatoes, medium/exhibition variety, one dish of four.
32. Cucumber, one dish of one.
33. Leeks, one dish of two.
34. Collection of Three Kinds of Vegetables, one of each kind, to be laid flat on the table.
35. Dressed Onions, one dish of three.
36. One Vegetable and One Bloom
37. A Basket of Vegetables – maximum size of basket 50cm x 50 cm. This Class is only open to members who attend our monthly meetings
38. Apples – dessert variety, one dish of four.
39. Apples – culinary variety, one dish of four
Classes 1 & 2 – £2 per exhibit
Classes 3, 4 & 24 – 50p per exhibit
Class 15 (NVS Plaque) – Free
All Other Classes – 20p per exhibit
Exhibitors may stage a maximum of two entries per class except for Class 15 and Classes 28 to 36 which are limited to one entry per class
Classes 1 & 2 – £20, £10, £5 and £2
Classes 3, 4 & 24 – £6, £4 and £2
All Other Classes – £3, £2 and £1
Adrian Read FNVS and Adrian Horner – Vegetables
Roger Burnett – Flowers
Please note that there will be no tombola or prize-giving ceremony this year. Trophies and trophy cards will be displayed alongside the relevant winning exhibits on the show bench.